Do you still have a plastic or wooden sandbox sitting in the corner of your room? If not, we have 13 tips of easy and fun ways to upcycle it for something else – a diy sandbox. Upcycled DIY sandbox can as well begin with this one if you originally thought that was only joking. With this unique idea, you will have lots of fun for sure!
– Fabricate a canopy over your old wooden or plastic beach box. Cut a rectangular fabric from lightweight cotton and tie a ribbon on the backside. Then, measure the frame of your kid’s tent and make a one-sided tent out of the material. Trim the excess fabric and hem it and tie another ribbon to secure the corners.
– Once you have your fabric tent, you can proceed to making the rest of the day sandbox. To do this, cut holes in the bottom of the box. Use craft glue and affix four plastic or wooden stakes in the holes. Sew on the tent pegs to the four points of the tent. Fill the sides of the box with sand and cover the bottom with sand. You can now attach lids to the box.
– Adding skill level advancement. A great way to keep your kids interested in using their new DIY sandbox is to allow them to move the sandbox to different rooms in your home. This can also be an opportunity to teach your children new skills. For example, if you have a gate at your front door, you can teach your children how to open it with a key or a lock. The possibilities are endless.
If you already have an old dresser in your home, you can easily convert it into a diy sandbox table. All you need is a thin sheet of plywood, an old dresser, a saw and some screws. You can use wood glue to attach the plywood to the dresser. Screw the plywood to the table’s legs and to the edges of the dresser. You can now paint the dresser so that it matches the interior decor of your home.
– Use the same technique for a dresser that is attached to your bookcase. First, remove the bookcase. Then take a measuring tape and measure the height of your bookcase’s top rail. With your sandpaper, create a rough distance between the top rail and the edges of the diy sandbox table. Then use the glue and screws to attach the sanded portion of the dresser to the table.
– Create a playground for your children by assembling a slide and attaching it to a sturdy part of the wall. This way, you do not have to buy a costly caving set for your backyard. This DIY wood tutorial will teach you how to make a slide for your children. It is better to start young kids on the basic of constructing things in their backyard.
A wooden sand box or a wooden sandbox can be a good investment for your family. This DIY woodworking project can help you spend quality time with your kids in your own backyard. This is also a perfect gift for any occasion, such as birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving and etc. So, what are you waiting for?
Now that you know about any details, it is now time to select the suitable wood block. You can choose from a variety of wooden bookcases, wood carvings and playhouses available online. Just visit some sites and compare prices and then place your order.
When it comes to diy details, the finishing touch is the addition of attractive colored plastic seat covers. These plastic pieces can be attached to the plywood frame using screws and nails. Once you are done, you can then install a fabric teepee cover. For the final touch, paint the plywood with your child’s favorite cartoon character. This DIY sand shop is a great idea for you to spend quality time with your children.
The good news is that today there are a lot of companies that sell DIY sandboxes and playhouses at reasonable prices. This way, you do not have to worry about getting enough room for kids to run around. All you have to do is buy the right size of the metal frame, get the seat covers and paint the whole thing to match the colors of your home. If you have enough space, you can also get a sand box that has an attached toddler seat. This way, your kids will have a safe place to play where there is enough room for running and jumping around.