There are many uses for a cardboard box. It is commonly used as a container, as packaging, as a centerpiece or as an ornament. Knowing just a few of the 101 uses for a cardboard box will give you ideas for how to use yours too.
* Decorate your house. You can decorate your house by placing one in the right place in your living room or dining room. This is useful if you want to make your house look elegant. Put it on top of a lampshade or in the corner of a room and voila, you have given your house a fresh look.
* Store something. Cardboard boxes are convenient because they come in handy when you need to store something. You can put photographs, books, cooking ingredients, antiques, and the like into a simple-looking box. Once you have it in your house, you do not have to leave it lying around anywhere.
* Keep something clean. If you are planning to give your kid a birthday present, consider getting him or her a cardboard box. You can put the present in it and then throw it away afterwards or just keep it in the box to give it as a reminder of that occasion.
* Be creative. There are so many ways that you can use a cardboard box. You can use it to hold your baby’s first birthday cake. Gather all the supplies and make your own cake with the cake inside. Or you can purchase a ready-made cardboard cake from the grocery store. Just put it in the box and voila!
* Keep things dry. Do not let anything spill onto your freshly purchased cardboard box. This is a very easy solution that will help you preserve the value of your valuable gift. If your box gets too full, you may end up having to purchase a new one.
* Keep a gift. If you are attending any of your friends’ parties, you can always bring along your favorite cardboard box. In no time, you can have a nice collection of containers to use to house your presents. You can even make one for your friends so that they will never know you have it. Just make sure that you have enough space inside the box so that you can put all the contents.
101 uses for a cardboard box is just a small sample of the many things you can do with this common household item. There are so many uses that you may even wonder where you’ll find the time to use it all. When you are stuck with nothing to do, just pull out your cardboard box and you can solve your problem. Time is always a commodity in today’s world, so you better start using it on a regular basis!
* Use it as a trash can liner. Cardboard boxes are biodegradable, which means they can be thrown away without worrying about harming the environment. All you have to do is soak it in some soapy water for a few minutes and use it as a trash can liner. This is one of the many uses you can find for a cardboard box. Just throw it in the bin next to your trash can and voila!
* Store something. If you don’t like the looks of your attic or basement, you can always use one as a storage place. Just stack it up high with the walls going down. It will give you much needed organization and you can enjoy the silence that comes with keeping things away from each other.
* Make paper. Cardboard boxes are made of corrugated cardboard and can be recycled when you take out the contents and make new pages for it. You can also use it to make mini cards and then put it into the mail. If you have a printer at home, you can print out your cards and mailing them to anyone you want.
These are just some of the many uses that you can find for a cardboard box. Why not put one to work for you? You could make one yourself or buy one. You can also find lots of different ideas online or at the local craft stores. No matter what your needs are, you should be able to find a cardboard box that will suit them.