A DIY cardboard castle can be a great toy for your child to play with at Christmas. These are not only fun to make but they are also very cost efficient. With little money and materials, you can make your own castle or train set that can be put together in no time. Below are some of the benefits of this popular activity:
* Save time – You can spend less time making your DIY cardboard castle when you use a plan and have everything pre-made. Many stores carry plans that you can purchase online or at your local hardware store. If you are a beginner, you could make a train station or even a simple village. For larger projects, such as a castle or a tunnel, you could make both pieces separately. The cost savings will pay for the material in a short amount of time.
* Boost your kids’ skills – By building with cardboard boxes, your kids will be more attentive and have better eye-hand coordination. This is especially important for young children who cannot read or do basic geometric calculations. Simple projects with matching square and circle pieces can improve their problem solving skills. This will also help them develop fire prevention and safety skills that can be useful in school.
* Keep older kids entertained – Kids will also have a field day building castles and other playhouses on their own. Older kids are often bored with playing video games. When you give them an opportunity to create their own playhouse, they will enjoy it. You can also take turns having your older kids come along and play with your toddler’s and younger kids’ playhouse. This will bring a new sense of togetherness that can only bring families closer.
* Save money – You can save a lot of money on the materials needed to build your own DIY cardboard playhouse. Buying pre-made cardboard playhouses from retail stores can be expensive. Plus, these playhouses tend to have limited styles. With your DIY cardboard box playhouse, you can choose from many different styles, designs, and colors. You won’t have to worry about matching the playhouse to the rest of your house.
* Increase your child’s creativity – Even if you decide to buy pre-made cardboard playhouse plans, you can still modify them to fit your child’s needs. You can cut out some trees or flowers for a princess castle or change the colors to match the colors of the house. You can also add your own creative touches to the designs. If you don’t think that your child has the artistic ability to build a working playhouse, there are many books that teach kids how to make their own cardboard houses. This will allow your child to show off what they’ve learned during playtime and will give them a chance to show off what they’ve made at home.
* Save money on supplies – When you buy pre-made cardboard castles, you will usually need to buy more supplies than when you make them yourself. Things like tubing and large box lids could make up the skeleton of your castle. This could make it cost more money to buy in bulk, but you can save on your supplies by making your own. Cardboard boxes are inexpensive, and you could make larger boxes to store your supplies if you need them.
* Choose affordable packaging – Many companies offer boxes that are suitable for shipping. They come in different shapes and sizes, so you can choose the ones that will fit your playhouse the best. Some companies will only use plain white boxes for children’s sizes, but there are others that offer different colored boxes. You might want to compare prices between different shipping boxes, and also between companies, to get the best deal possible.